Physics Capsule welcomes explainers and other articles, including reportage and, occasionally, opinion pieces on science—especially physics. We welcome unsolicited submissions as outlined below.
Notes for prospective contributors
- We do not offer any monetary compensation to contributors.
- Our articles are typically 500–1,500 words long but we do not have predetermined limits for word count and will decide individually for every submission we receive.
- We naturally prefer articles related to physics but some allied fields are also welcome so long as they have something to do with physics or science in general.
- We fact-check every submission but place no special emphasis on a writer’s qualification. We believe in judging the merit of an article based on the article itself.
- We do not require contributors to send us their entire article until after we commission it based on their synopsis. To propose an article for publication please use the form below and send us only the title and synopsis/abstract of your article.
Terms of submission
- By submitting your synopsis/abstract using the form below you do not give us the right to your article and we do not purchase or execute any monetary transaction with you.
- Submitting your abstract also does not guarantee publication on Physics Capsule.
- By submitting your synopsis you give us permission to e-mail you at the address you provide and only for the purpose of discussion your submission. We do not use your contact details for marketing or other such purposes.
- Submitting your synopsis does not bind us to accepting your article from you even after prolonged discussions for improvement.
- By submitting your synopsis you agree that Physics Capsule reserves the right to cancel your article even after commission at any point until before publication.
- You understand that Physics Capsule is free to publish articles on topics of or related to your submitted synopsis and that this has nothing to do with your submission whatsoever.
Please submit a brief (100–250 words) abstract/synopsis or proposal with a tentative title for your article below. We do not ask for your entire article upfront. However, make sure you can submit your full article within three days after commission, should your synopsis be accepted.
We will get back to you with details and further instructions if we like your synopsis and wish to publish your article. Please note that we take up to two business days to get back to you after you submit your synopsis. We go through submissions individually so please do not e-mail us asking for updates. If you have any enquiries before submission please e-mail us at [email protected] any weekday.